You cannot describe yourself as a lover of makeup if you do not own one or two skin foundations. Foundation just as the name suggests; acts as a base for other products when applying makeup. However, with a wrong foundation color shade, you can end up looking disastrous. Too much of it and people will think that you are wearing a mask. That’s why it is important to choose the correct color shade that suits your skin tone.
For a long time, foundations have been used to cover blemishes and wrinkles giving you that soft glowing skin. Today, however, skin foundations serve a much more beneficial role. Keep reading to get an insight into why it is important to wear a foundation.
Anti-Aging Benefits of Skin Foundation
Day-to-day activities expose you to a wide variety of pollutants such as dust and dirt which mostly affect your face as it is the most exposed body party. This is harmful as it can result in excessive radical damage causing premature aging. This calls for a protective barrier over your skin that will shield you from pollutants and that’s when a foundation comes in handy. A good anti-aging foundation hydrates your skin making it glow without creasing.
Protection Against Sun Damage
While sunlight is beneficial for your health in terms of boosting your vitamin D levels, excessive exposure to sunlight causes hyperpigmentation and wrinkles off your skin. Fortunately, with the array of foundations, most come with a sunscreen that creates a protective barrier over your skin from sunlight. This protects your skin from harmful U.V rays thus decreasing the chances of getting skin cancer.
Complementing your Skin’s Type
An added advantage of the foundation is that most of them are designed to suit your skin type. For instance, there are oil-free foundations that are tailored for people with oily or acne skin. By using this type of foundation your skin won’t become overly oily.
If your skin is very oily, an oil-absorbing foundation will be of help as it acts like a sponge by soaking up all excess oil on your face.
There are also foundations that contain emollients that help keep the skin moist by reducing water loss. These foundations will come in handy if you have dry or sensitive skin. Looking for a foundation that will leave your skin hydrated without drying out and wrinkling prematurely? Then this might be it.
Do you have any irregularities in your skin? Then skin foundation might be the solution. Using foundation fills any irregularities on your skin effectively and evenly. This leaves a smooth polished surface that makes your face appear young and attractive.
If you have a light facial scar that is difficult to conceal then skin foundation can be your savior as it will help smooth out the edges, therefore, making them less noticeable. However, it is advisable to incorporate both foundation and concealer into your makeup routine to conceal deeper scars.
Different Types of Makeup Foundation
Foundations are basically not all the same as they vary in functions depending on the formulation – which includes not only the ingredients but also the packaging and the texture itself. Check out on these different types of foundations and how they perform according to their packaging and textures
- Liquid Foundation- Many makeup users prefer using this type of foundation as it’s easy to work with and is conveniently packed. As it is water-based, it always turns to semi-dewy or semi-matte after being worn for long hours. It works well with most skin types
- Cream Makeup Foundation- This kind of foundation has the heaviest coverage and tailored for people with dry skin. For that glowing and hydrated skin then a cream-based foundation is fit. This foundation comes either in pots or sticks and it usually has a dewy finish unless set with powder.
- Powder Foundation- Powder foundation has oil-absorbing properties so as to soak up excess moisture and decrease shine from the face. Most powder foundations are usually said to either have a light, medium or full average. If you happen to have a normal, normal-to-dry or normal-to-oily skin, then the powder foundation is tailored for you. It will also even out your skin tone giving your face a soft glow. It’s worth a trial, isn’t it?
- Sheer – sheer foundations are most suitable for you if your skin doesn’t require heavy coverage. These types of foundations give you a bit of color and moisturize your skin. They blend easily making them easy to match with your skin tone.
- Stick Foundation- They resemble cream foundations but have a heavier coverage. One benefit of this type of foundation is that it spreads out evenly on your face covering blemishes. You can also control how much you use to cover skin irregularities.
Honorable Mentions for The Best Makeup Foundations of 2019
Choosing a foundation that suits you can be a daunting task. However, shopping becomes a lot easier if you select a foundation in your color shade and one that works with your skin type. Keep reading to get an overview of the latest best makeup foundations.
Covergirl + Olay Simply Ageless 3-In-1 is a liquid foundation that has sheer coverage and thin consistency. It offers hydration properties targeting pores and blemishes. This foundation gives you a natural look and works fantastic when it comes to wrinkles. It’s also available in 12 shades
PUP Pressed Mineral Makeup Foundation is a 4-In-1 formula powdered foundation with full coverage. This foundation promises to function both as a powder, concealer, foundation, and SPF 15 sun blocker. It works well with oily skin and it’s also easy to apply.
Revlon ColorStay Liquid Foundation has a Salicylic acid formula and an SPF 15 sunscreen blocker. This foundation has medium coverage and a medium consistency with an added advantage of lasting up to 24 hours. If you have oily skin and looking to find a better, liquid foundation then this is worth a try. This foundation also works great as a concealer.
With all mentioned benefits of foundations, it won’t kill to give foundation a try for a more defined silky look.